Thursday, June 21, 2012

BIRTHDAY+FATHERS DAY+OCEAN CITY CONVENTION = NOT THE BEST WEEK ON THE SCALE

Sorry for the delay, but it's Thursday and I'm just getting home from Ocean City from a mini little Vacation. On Tuesday, I got on the scale and new it wasn't going to be a great week after my Birthday along with Fathers Day. I gained a few pounds which wasn't the end of the world, this is called life as Holidays, Birthdays, Vacation, Etc will happen through out the year. I'm still happy with the choices I made during the past few weeks, I could of just said screw it and eaten bad all day long but it wasn't like that. I made better decisions and enjoyed one meal a day on anything I wanted and still had some cake for my Birthday. Now that I'm home it's game time as Tuesday is only 5 days away and it's time to face the scale again. I'm going to work hard the next 5 days and have a good weigh in on Tuesday. Once again, it's the decisions we make if we are successful or fail and it's all on us if we set our self up for failure. Me, this weekend I went and got to meet the Yankees and was outside all day and didn't bring my water or had food available. Of course after missing lunch I was ready to eat anything and did just that. This is a perfect example how I set myself up to fail, but you learn from your mistakes and next time I will pack something and have plenty of water available. Back in the day i would of eaten bad all day after having just one bad meal, sometimes would even go as far as saying I will get back on track Monday. What you don't think about is how far your setting yourself back waiting for that Monday to get here. That's why I say it's not a diet but a lifestyle change, you have something bad doesn't mean you quit on yourself.

So with the few pounds Ive gained, had a great Birthday, Fathers day, Ocean City and had the Chance to meet Derek Jeter and the rest of the Yankees. Once again I'm working out hard like today with a two mile walk on this 97 degree day. Really need to get a few things done before another 48hrs at work in the morning. I'm going to keep tonight short and sweet and keep on going strong with my journey to 300 pounds lost. Until Tuesday, everyone keep pushing hard, take one step/day at a time and remember ... your worth it, now go get it !!!!!

Shame on me, I didn't mention that my best friend invited me to have breakfast with him at School for Fathers day and had a banana there for me. Then had the pleassure to watch him play his last T-Ball game the following day not to mention he hit two home runs. This guy here is one proud daddy and love the little man Mason is already becoming. Now Daddy/Coach Monk can't wait for football to start in July/August !!!









No comments:

Post a Comment