Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LITTLE THINGS MAKE THE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE AND KEEPS ME PUSHING FOR EVEN BETTER RESULTS

Another Tuesday is here team "Monk" !!!!!! Hope all of you have started your journey of living a new healthy lifestyle. If not, tomorrow is a new day and let's start out slow and take one day at a time. This week showed me that hard work pays off in various ways. Let's see, I decided to take my son to a baseball game, before I would of went to the game and had a few beers and this would of been my excuse to eat all the junk I wanted. This time I showed my son that we could pack a healthy lunch and still enjoy a day at the park. While at the park we parked in a spot a little far from where we had to go so I could take this as a chance to get my daily walk in. Once inside the park, I was a little nervous because I decided to purchase normal seats. Your asking yourself normal, before if I wanted to attend a game we would have to request special seating so I would have room. Most of the time people would  ask me to go with them too a game because they new sports was my life or even offer me free tickets but I always made up an excuse. Not this time, we bought our tickets and for the first time in 8 years I felt comfortable in a seat and could actually enjoy the game with my son. These small rewards make this journey worth all the pain along with showing me what it's like to enjoy life again.

Now my week, once again I took this week head on and had a great week all the way around. This morning it all paid off with another 6 pounds down when Monk vs Scale took place. I'm very proud of how I took charge of my life again after finding myself in a major funk a few weeks ago. Another good example of it's not how you fall but how you get back up. I'm 2 pounds away from hitting another weight bracket and 32 away from my new goal that was set.

Over the next two weeks I'm going to be faced with many challenges for various reasons. First one is the fact my Birthday is this Friday, then we have Fathers Day to follow on Sunday. Then on Saturday is the start of Fireman's Convention that takes place in Ocean City in June. This is always a big Month for me that always lead to very bad decisions in the past  due to the amount of things taken place this Month. Over the next two weeks I must learn how to enjoy all of the above and still make better decisions and loose/maintain my weight. Check back next Tuesday as we will be in the middle of Ocean City week to see just how good Ive done.

On another note, Ive lost over 200 pounds but still have a lot of work to be done. I have thought long and hard over the past few days about everything and have decided to try out for the Biggest Loser "Show" once again. If your reading this and asking I thought he just went there, that was the resort not the actual TV show. I have started working on things that must be done and will be attending a live casting call in July. A few years ago we attended one in Pittsburgh and this time will be going to NC for a few days. No matter what happens I'm going to continue my journey at home and beat this and still do anything I can to help others do the same.

Hope everyone has enjoyed another Tuesday following my journey, Ive created a facebook page as well called "Firefighter Saving His Life" if you would like to follow there. I have posted numerous pictures along with trying to motivate people or have a place for everyone to go for support.









1 comment:

  1. You are doing great. I hope you make it on the show. I am so inspired by reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete