Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WEEK ONE IN THE BOOKS AT HOME !!!!

Where do I start, let's start with me being home for a week as of Sunday !!! My weigh in day will be Tuesday (Off Work), but my boy Dan called me Sunday with his results. While at the Resort, Sunday was our day to relax, but first we would face our biggest fear (The Scale). Over the past 6 weeks, Ive learned the scale is not the enemy anymore, it's all in our head. Bottom line, you put the right food in your body and put the work in you will have great results when you get on that scale. Once I came home, I got on the scale that Tuesday and was down another 4.9 pounds which everyone told me you would notice that coming home. So, I started my new journey last Tuesday at home with a 4 mile Hike and a trip to the grocery store to stock up. Since Tuesday, Ive walked 4 to 6 miles a day along with going to the gym and being active in playing sports. Each day I burned between 4 and 5 thousand calories a day, that's sick !!!!! Not going to lie, I felt really confident about this past week with the work Ive put in at home, still keeping my daily intake between 11 and 1200 calories a day (If it's not broken, you don't fix it) !!!!

See, I'm not much of a writer because I went from talking about results for Dan to mine !!! Anyway, my little brother Dan lost another 14 pounds this week, Good Job !!!! This puts him at 65 lbs in 6 weeks while at the resort, he has one more week left (You got this, You've become a man). Now back to me, I got on the scale this morning and lost 18.9 pounds since coming home last Sunday. Do what, this is crazy ... I must of got on and off that scale this morning 5 times until I thought about the amount of dedication and work I put forth this past week. That means I lost over 14 pounds this week myself at home and thought we should celebrate the achievement. Now your thinking Nooooo , but I went and did a 5 mile Hike, then went to the gym for an hour before picking my son up to celebrate. That's right, this is how I roll now in my new lifestyle change and I must admit I'm loving it. Each day I'm working out, my girl Tonya is always with me in my head which helps me continue pushing myself.

I won't lie, doing this at home takes dedication and a just suck it up and do it attitude. Because now I'm home, it's not all about me because I'm back too reality. However, I make sure the time is made for ME each day to get my work in. I learned to be smart and cook my meals for several days in advance so all I have to do is heat them up.

I'm still over whelmed by the amount of support since being home, each day while on my Hike Ive had multiple people stop me and say welcome home, keep up the good work, we've been following your journey. I was in shock, I told my other fellow brother Opie that's been going with me that this is what keeps me going. Trust me, only one person should I worry about doing this for but I would be lien to you if I told you that I felt that way. Not only am I helping save my own life, I'm helping so many others leading by example. People tell me all the time that Ive inspired them, but they don't understand that these people inspire me just as much and keeps me pushing myself every day. It's in my blood to help others, that's what us Fireman do so if what I'm doing is helping others then I will keep pushing until my knee falls off then I will hop.

While on the subject of support, my buddy Dan called me Sunday and told me that he had someone at the Resort because of me. This is what I'm talking about, because of me people are trying to make a difference in their own life's. So I got on the phone with Scott from Chicago who just booked 5 weeks at the Biggest Loser Resort. He told me that my Blog and story was what brought him to Malibu, so I had to call and check on how he was doing today. That's right Scott, I heard that your Hike was a Challenge today my brother, keep your head up and keep pushing. You will have many more days like today, it's not about how you fall but how you get back up. Just remember, Pain is Temporary ... Pride is Forever !!! Just remember what brought you there and keep putting 100 % in and I can guarantee you will look back on this week after your doing two/three times the work in a few weeks.

I still have a long way to go but I'm feeling really good about my first week at home. This journey is going to last a life time, but that's okay because I'm ready for this Challenge. One thing Ive learned over the past 6 weeks, nothing can stop me if I put my mind to it !!! If anyone has any questions for me, shoot them to me on Facebook and I will be more than happy to help you out. Once again, thanks for following my journey and I will continue my Blog once or twice a week with my success at home. Let's all do this together, we got this !!!

Remember this .... drink water, then drink some more water, then keep on drinking water !!!!








2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Monk! Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! YOU GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud! AND, I can totally tell a difference in your face - you look Amazing Monk!!! Keep it up my friend :)

    ReplyDelete