Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WEEK 2 IN THE BOOKS AT HOME

Hello team Monk !!!!! Well, it's Tuesday which means another day for me to face the scale. Got off work this morning and came straight home and jumped right on the scale. Just new I was going to have great results, but 2.5 pounds later I got off shaking my head asking what happen. Trust me, love the fact I lost weight, but this put me in a blah mood with the amount of work I put in this week. Then I started to think most of the day about what I could of done wrong, at the resort we learned of several things that can effect your weight loss. Then I realized that a few of these things have been effecting me this week so maybe that could be the reason for the low results. Maybe I'm not eating enough calories or not listening to my body (Hurting). So as I type this I'm still lost for words on if I did something wrong this past week. One things is for sure, a few Months ago I would of said screw this and went out for that pizza Ive been craving along with not working out. Another thing for sure, I'm in a better mind set now then several Months ago. Its all good, tomorrow is another day and next Tuesday is another day when I get to face the scale again. With this being said, I'm going to tweak a few things and have a monster week.

This past week, Ive walked/Hiked over 30 miles along with hitting the gym several of them days. Another problem, my knees are hurting me really bad so it was frustrating this morning after all the hard work to see that number. Like I said last week, it's not how you fall but how you get back up !!! Some days I feel like 1100 may not be enough calories now that I'm home. It's not about being home but not having all my meals cooked for me to keep my body going hard on 1100 calories. With this being said, I'm not going to go crazy this week but may raise that number between 1100 and 1500 for my daily intake. On a good note, I went for a 5 mile Hike once getting off that scale this morning then spent an hour in the gym. I'm sure a few of you are saying that 2.5 pounds is good after the week I had last week and this may be true. I'm just being stubborn and hard on myself because Ive raised the bar high for myself and I will achieve my goals.

Now that Ive been home for two weeks, hardest part is eating the same food all the time. I bought the cook books but it's a lot to prepare them meals they gave us at the resort. I need to work on a few things over the next few weeks so I don't get tired of the same thing. I have started a daily journal which keeps everything honest. Stay tuned for another blog next Tuesday on week 3 of being home !!! Remember .... we got this, let's all do it together !!!!!





3 comments:

  1. So how much pound wise is in someone's hands??? Plus Idk how I did it but in the last month I've lost 20#. Now, planning to join a gym to lose the rest I gotta lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you for losing the most weight you could & that your going forward to lose more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Monk-I hope you remember me- I was only there for your first week but we spent some time together on the bikes and in the pool. I was the grunter/groaner! It's great to see how far you've come! Keep on killing it! I am enjoying your blog and more importantly, its motivating me to keep on working hard! hope our paths cross again sometime soon!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Ps tell Dan I say hi!,

    ReplyDelete