Tuesday, May 29, 2012

GOT MY MOJO BACK AND LOST THAT FUNK THAT WAS HOLDING ME BACK

Last week I found myself falling back into bad habits and basically being in a funk after gaining some weight. After my last blog (Last Tuesday), I did a lot of thinking, soul searching along with getting over 30 e-mails/test from Team "Monk" helping me find that determination with nothing but love and support. Its nice to have such a wonderful support system, nothing like blowing off steam to a fellow brother/sister fighting the same battle as you. Over this past week Ive had several people come to me for help, I love the thought that I'm helping others while helping myself (Lead By Example). With that being said I'm still trying to figure everything out myself, but I will never ignore anyone that takes the time and ask me for help or advice. I will do my best and give them the much needed support and hope or even give them that push we all need to start kicking ass. Just remember, take one day at a time and just take a small walk and keep going further each time.

I know it's easier said then done, but finally take that time for YOU .... if you don't, your not going to be here long enough to keep giving your time to your love ones. That's exactly what I'm doing, I have always put the firehouse and everyone else first and never took the time for ME. Well them days are over, if I don't worry about ME then I'm not going to be around long enough to watch my best friend reach High School, I will be dam if my son won't have his father around for many many more years.

Since last Tuesday, took one day at a time and just worried about having one good day until it was time to start all over the following day. I am feeling great this week and have fallen right back on track with everything but I decided this morning that I wasn't going to weigh in this week, wanted to stop concentrating so much on the numbers. I'm going to just worry about what I put in my body, drink my water along with staying active/walking. The results are going to show and the numbers will pay off over time, so we will see how this works next Tuesday when I face that scale.

One thing I'm happy about is Ive started walking again each day and won't let my knee become my excuse. Don't get me wrong, I'm defiantly going to get it looked at and taken care of but not going to let it hold me back from reaching my goals. This past weekend was a Holiday weekend and everyone was cooking out and having plenty of drinks. I still had a great time but was smart about my choices and grilled nothing but healthy food. I will be 35 this June, it's now or never to get this weight off for once and for all because it doesn't get any easier as we get older. Trust me, this is the 2nd go around for me and this time the difference is night and day on how hard it is to loose my weight. With this being said, I was just shy of 600 pounds and now in the 300 club so it can be done. You have to want it and put the work and dedication into yourself to live a healthy lifestyle. Before Christmas of this year, I will be in the 200 club and you can write that down.

Until next Tuesday, everyone have a wonderful week and start moving !!!! Like always, I'm here for support or you can shoot me a message and I will do my best to help you out.

Below are two pics I found before this all started, I have two more that i'm going to post next week after i scan them, but you can see a few before and after to this point.

You can also check out www.monkwells.bodybyvi.com for great shakes that helped me loose my weight which Ive started to drink daily again.

                                            ONE ABOVE AND BELOW WAS BEFORE !!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment