Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WEEK 3 IN THE BOOKS AT HOME

It's Tuesday, the day I look forward too now because this is the day I face the scale. This week was like know other, I was very excited to jump on the scale this morning after another ass kicking week. For the second Tuesday in a row, I got off the scale "SMH" in frustration about my results. This week I gained 0.4 which put me in a very blah mood, once again I kept my cool and in my heart new I'm busting my ass. With that being said, I must be doing something wrong and I will figure this out because their is NO quit in me. That guy who always gave up on himself is gone, each of us are Worth so much more and deserve everything in life we want. Not only do you have to work hard getting things in life, you must work hard to get your body the results you want and to stay living a healthy life. The easy thing here would be to quit, but that's not an option anymore so I'm going to figure this out and stay focused on the main prize. So I didn't loose but 2 pounds in two weeks, let's make something positive out of this situation. I didn't gain which is a plus, and Ive Hiked over 50 miles in two weeks with spending countless hours in the gym. Not to mention I am off all my medications and just now take vitamins so that's WINNING. Once I got off the scale I immediately e-mailed the nutrition at the Biggest Loser Resort (Skylar) and asked for help, what a great feeling to have such an amazing support group built around us so we can continue to be successful on our journey. It has to be my daily intake, Ive been really trying to stay around 12/1300 calories a day which I think my body just needs more.

On another note, a lot of people have been asking about my knee?? Them Blankety Blanks have been really bothering me each day after I'm done working out. Thanks for all the support from everyone telling me to slow down or take time off. However I just can't do that, Ive learned at the resort it takes 66 days to create a habit so I'm going to push through this pain. Just like anything else in life, nothing comes easy and my knee's are just another road block that won't stop me from reaching my goals. Today I did 5 miles and about an hour in the gym and my knee's ace but not hurt like normal. Only bad thing about being back at home is not having that beautiful pool at the resort to take the pressure off my knee's and still get my work in. It's been great having all the people offer to Hike with me and my little buddy even did 2.5 miles with me this past week.

People are always asking me for advice, I'm still trying to figure this all out myself. I will give this advice to everyone, your worth it .... stop making excuses and fight for what you want. Yes, I was that guy over 160 pounds ago saying that's easy for you to say, but now I'm that guy who followed that advice and lost over 160 pounds. I did all of this with not making excuses anymore and just pushing through the pain. I will not lie and tell you it's going to be easy, but I will tell you that if you put your mind to it, you can do this. People loose weight in various ways, I'm really proud of myself doing it the way of hard work. Not taking anything from anyone that's had surgery because I was thinking about it myself, but deep down inside I new that I'm one bad "MF" and have the heart to get this done.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and continue to support me on a journey that will continue for the rest of my life. What's been great is all the people in the public who approach me and say your that guy, keep up the great work, you look wonderful. All of you make me wanna push that much harder each day, everyone says I'm motivating them but you all don't realize how much your doing the same for me.

Congratulations to Lyndee for a great Month at the resort, now my fellow brother (Firefighter) Chuck is starting his journey at the resort.












Until next Tuesday, wish me luck trying to figure out what's going on with my body and too another great week !!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep pushing through Monk! That is all you can do. As long as you know you are giving it your everything that's all that matters. What you've accomplished so far is amazing. ONE DAY AT A TIME, Patience. Do you measure yourself? If not maybe you should so on weeks where you don't see change on the scale you may actually see it in measurements.

    ReplyDelete