Thursday, February 23, 2012

HAVING A GREAT SUPPORT SYSTEM MEANS THE WORLD

Where do I start, first would like to say thanks for all the support from my fellow brothers at work during the past 48 hours. Being here and trying to stay focus on the main goal of being healthy can become a huge Challenge at times. For starters, every firehouse has the "Hollen" who loves to cook, kitchen is always smelling good. It doesn't help when are Kitchen is connected with the TV room where we all relax when not running calls or training. Another thing is we are always on the go, sometimes this doesn't help that urge to stop for something quick. I must say Ive been very lucky with majority of the guys at work trying to live a healthy life style and support one another. I even have days when my knee is hurting but my fellow brothers give me that push I need to still get out and do my walking for the day. My fellow brother "Eric Taylor" is here for me no matter what, only person that will get out of bed, not eat dinner, or work out again just to keep me company while walking. True meaning of "BROTHERHOOD" in the fire service, it doesn't just stop with him, most of the guys support me and walk with me each evening. I couldn't of asked for a better group of brothers to spend my 48 hours away from my family.

Speaking of Support System ..... I consider myself very lucky as my wonderful Fiance and Son keep me going each day I'm home. No matter what's wrong or how bad my day was, both are always there for me. Ive been through a lot over the years and both have been behind me no matter what. My 5 year old son is actually walking over a mile a day with me. He even at times takes my hand and says come on Daddy, we got this !! I asked my son the other day about me going away for a Month, he says it's okay Daddy I have you right here in my heart. Man I couldn't be more proud of my son !!!!

When your "Fluffy" as I like to call it, you never no who your going to get when dealing with us. I can honestly say my attitude sucks at times, it's not that we want to be a "Jerk", but it's hard to deal with some of the every day struggles we have when being "Fluffy" like our weight holding us back from doing so much in life. It's only natural we take it out on our loved ones, for that I'm sorry but my "Rock" aka Fiance at the end of the day is still standing strong and supporting me 100%. I def would like to take this time and say thanks to her for supporting me on this journey and being the Mother & Father for the next Month while I'm gone. Not to mention doing the other daily task she must do each day along with work Monday -Friday !!!! I'm one lucky guy to have such wonderful friends and family who love me so much.

It's been a long 48 here at work, but I still found time to get over 5 miles of walking done between both days !!!!

With that being said, Thank You ..... 10 more days before I leave !!!!

"BROTHERHOOD"


"MY WONDERFUL FAMILY"

No comments:

Post a Comment