Monday, February 20, 2012

EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM, THIS IS MINE !!!!!

My journey started over a year ago when I found out shocking news before having knee surgery !!!! A year ago from this past July, the nurse walked in and asked me my weight. My reply .... I put a little weight on so I'm sure around 400, she then went on to say I'm sorry for the bad news but your bed is rated for 550 pounds. With this being said I had no clue what my weight was, felt like someone just ripped my heart out with the shocking news though. Since having my knee surgery, I've started a new concept in my life, finally time I put myself first.

Since that day, I'm down over 100 pounds and still going strong with this wonderful Life Style change. Trust me, I have a long way to go, but I new that over a year ago and realize this didn't happen over night and won't be fixed over night.

So, I was home on my computer when I saw the contest being posted for the "Year of you video" for 10 lucky people to win a chance for a Month at the Biggest Loser resort. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put myself out for the world to judge me, but the night before they closed entry for video's I said this is me, I need this. I must of made the video 10 plus times before finally getting the one that I thought could win me this wonderful trip to save my life.

So I got an e-mail saying they received my video but I needed to change my setting for the public to see it. Once again I stopped and wasn't for sure about this, but once again I need this more then anything and changed it. Once the contest started I came running out of the gates full speed and never slowed down or looked back. Over 100 people placed video's in this contest, only the top 30 would make it to the voting process, guess what .... made it !!!! Next step, have the world vote for your video for two weeks so the top 30 could make it to this point, I must of asked 10 times a day for everyone to support me on my journey. Man ... the support I got was crazy, people started voting like it was their job, so many people reached out to me and supported me, they even had me holding down the number 1 spot for most of the contest. Once the top 30 was selected, our life was put in the hands of the Biggest Loser Resort for them to select the lucky 10 people to share this wonderful journey.

The big day arrived, heard one of the girls made it that morning ..... after several hours of nothing, I got worried and was a little sad thinking it was over, but for me it was just the start no matter what the the news was. I couldn't take it no more, was driving to the dump and that call finally came from "California" .....Monk Wells, you've been picked for the Biggest Looser resort, felt like I had just hit the lotto .... only good thing about this lotto is it's saving my life.

I leave March 4th for the BL Resort, I will start to blog as much as possible starting today "February 20" !!!!!!








 

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR ME !!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO BELIEVED IN ME !!!!!

THANK YOU FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND MY COMMUNITY !!!!

THANK YOU BIGGEST LOSER FITNESS RIDGE FOR SAVING MY LIFE !!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment