Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MONK VS SCALE (IT'S TUESDAY) WHICH MEANS ANOTHER NIGHT OF BL DRAMA

Where do I start, let me start off with "Monk vs Scale" .... I started a new journey with the 90 day Challenge back in January. The Challenge has me down over 40 pounds since starting it back in January and has helped me finally take the time getting healthy. I do a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, then a healthy dinner .... Yes, you can have "healthy" snacks in between shakes if needed !!! Bodybyvi ( www.monkwells.bodybyvi.com) was introduced to me by a wonderful lady name Debbie Reamy who has had wonderful success on the Challenge. Since starting this journey, I have over 30 people in a support group on FB, everyone is feeling great and loosing weight on a weekly basis (great numbers). With doing the shakes, Ive added walking to the daily menu, 1 or 2 miles a day !!!! This may not be much for some, but this is just the start for me until I leave for the BL resort on March 4th (Can't Wait). Everyone in this BL family is great, Ive made so many new friends which have all have touched me in so many ways with the amount of support they have given. Our 10 lucky winners have our own support group as well (YOU ALL ROCK), we've been keeping in contact and supporting one another through our amazing journey to come. I'm the first of the group to attend the resort in March, I would be lying if I told you I'm not feeling some pressure being the first to go. As a Firefighter/Officer in the Fire Service, I wouldn't have it any other way as this is what I do now "lead by example", let's do this !!!!

Let's talk a little bit about Biggest Loser, man I love what this show once stood for !!! Obesity is one of the number one problems right now in this world besides the economy of course. With that being said this show touched so many of us dealing with these same problems on a daily basis. This show is a inspiration to many and gives us all hope that "HARD WORK" and "DEDICATION" is what it takes. I must be honest, this season has changed what this show was all about, it's starting to be another typical show with nothing but "Drama". If we wanted to watch drama, I would watch the 100 other shows on T.V already, let's get back to what this show is supposed to stand for (Saving your life). I tell you another thing, tonight just pisses me off to watch people play games, realize how many of us out here that would give anything to be in your place. Wake up and realize that your life is not a game, your there to get healthy and save it. I'm going to hop off my soap box now, hopefully this season will start getting back to what it's supposed to stand for.

On another note, it's time for me to really step my game up and work my body harder this week and beat that scale next Tuesday again. I still feel it's a dream that I'm going to live in Malibu California at the Biggest Loser resort (Dream come true), and helping me save my life. I will always be grateful for this wonderful opportunity and look forward "Paying it forward" in the future. Until tomorrow .... let's start the count down to when I leave for BL, 12 more days :) !!!!!

MONK VS SCALE

&
NO DRAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment