Saturday, February 25, 2012

YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TEMPTATIONS IN LIFE, IT'S WHAT WE DO WITH THEM THAT COUNTS

I knew today was going to be a "Temptation" type of day, we have a few special things to do as a family before Daddy leaves for California next Sunday. So we woke up this morning and were getting ready for Monster Jam in Baltimore. We decided last night we would get our walking out of the way before we left (No Excuses), but we started to run out of time. We finally left the house around noon, no way we had time for walking when we had to be in Baltimore for a 2pm show. So we decided maybe today could be a off day since I haven't missed but one day for over a Month. We got to Baltimore, of course the family wanted something good .... here we go with the first "Temptation" of the day, California Tortilla and I love Mexican food. Back in the day I would've mashed up 2 burritos along with some nachos, but today I had half of a chicken burrito with some nachos. Like I explained to the family, this is not a diet, this is a life style change and these are the things I must figure out. We are not going to stop eating everything in the world that's not healthy, we have to make better choices along with portion control being a major factor.

Lunch is over, we had a nice walk to the Marina for the show, of course they have everything under the sun for you to eat. Of course my son wanted a pretzel, but he really hadn't had lunch, so I went and got us drinks and snacks. Before, we would of all had a pretzel, popcorn, soda, and I'm sure something else. Today, it was water and one pretzel for my son but he only had two bites which was winning in my book. After a wonderful day in Baltimore, my son asked if we could go out for pizza for dinner (My Favorite), so we drove from Baltimore to Waldorf to one of our favorite places which is way out of the way from going home. Once again, before it would be appetizers (wings and cheese sticks) before a large pizza. Today, we got my son a order of cheese sticks and one large pizza, we only let my son have two because I don't want him to deal with obesity and follow in my foot steps. We got dinner and I had 2 slices of pizza and pushed my plate away from the table, before I would of had appetizers and half of the pizza if not more. Today was a day when I was taken out of my comfort zone of having my healthy food available. This was a true test of making the right decision, could of I went to Subway (Yes), but you can't eat Subway 7 days a week or expect your family to. I decided after not having a "Treat" day for weeks, that this would be a small award for the past Month of kicking ass. We even went to WaWa, the family got a snack for when we got home to watch our shows, Daddy got nothing. I think with all the Temptations today, I did really good by showing that I still can enjoy good food with portion control.

Now when I started this Blog, I told you that we didn't have time to get our walking in. I have started a new "Motto" of "NO EXCUSES" and I'm sticking with it. Before, I would of used today as a excuse to not walk, especially after eating food that wasn't on my "Diet" (DISLIKE THAT WORD). Well after dinner, I told the family we should go for a walk, they both looked at me and kinda ignored me. I then said I'm being serious, I could tell both of them were tired from a long day, not to mention it's getting dark and today was very cold along with high winds. They both said, we can go for a walk if you really want, I replied No Excuses remember. So we get to the park and the gate was closed, both started talking all of a sudden in happiness because the gate was closed. I then parked, they said what are you doing .... told them we could walk around the gate and walk even farther then normal. With out hesitation, both jumped out of the truck and off we continued our day as a family. I started to feel bad about half way through the park, the wind was blowing so hard but my little troopers kept trucking. We got to the back of the park, my son asked if someone could come get us now (LOL). Both looked at me and then started to stroll along as we made our way back to the truck and what a cold walk this was. Any given day in my past, I would of had 10 excuses of why we shouldn't of walked after a busy day like today. But today was another "NO EXCUSE" day, and after we all got back in the truck we were all proud of this accomplishment of starting to become a healthy family.

I must say, my knee has been really holding me back over the past Month because of pain from  surgery last year. Went to the doctors yesterday, left with a cortisone shot and new brace for my new journey getting ready to take place next Sunday ( 8 more days) when I leave for BL.

Once again, I must say thanks to my wonderful family for the support today !!!! Can't wait to spend another great night at the Capitals game Tuesday with you guys. On that note, I'm done for tonight as I must get some sleep for another 48 at the firehouse tomorrow. Until next time .... Good Night and Keep Moving !!!!




                   I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY SO MUCH, DADDY IS GOING TO MISS YOU !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment