Thursday, March 22, 2012

CHECKING IN FROM THE BIGGEST LOSER RESORT AFTER A NICE HIKE ON THIS BEAUTIFUL THURSDAY

What is up team Monk ???? It's been another amazing start to my third week here at the resort. Update on my knee's, they are still hurting me badly (Pain Is Temporary ... Pride Is Forever). I can promise you one thing, their is no quit/stopping in this guy who is on a journey to becoming the man Ive wanted to be. Over the weeks, several people have asked me how do you do it with the knee's ???? As Tonya would say, suck it up and remember what brought you here, you can do anything for 2 minutes. I can't get her out of my head no matter what the Challenge is here and it makes me push to a place that I never knew assisted. She is the best, truly amazing person and I feel very lucky to have the pleasure of working with her while here at the Resort.

I told myself this weekend, that I'm going to try and take it to the next level this week and push myself until I had nothing left, I'm well on my way of having another wonderful week doing just that each day. Last week I could only Hike three days because of my knee but I put so much extra work in the pool and the gym to still have a 10 pound weight loss on week 2. This place is all about your Journey, but I'm a person who is very competitive when it comes to doing things. We could be tossing rocks at a tree and I want to win, so here is my point. This past week Ive wanted to be the top dog of my group, so Ive used everyone to make myself push harder to accomplish this goal of mine for week three. Monday we had a Hike and it was a Challenge, I crushed this Hike and did what I wanted to accomplish. On Tuesday I wanted to repeat this and I did just that having another wonderful Hike. On Wednesday I took the Hike off (Knee) but really did well in the gym. I had a emotional roller coaster though trying to support a fellow brother here who was having a hard day, then I had to meet with the life coach before lunch. I got a lot off my chest but have a lot on my mine as well.

Here comes Thursday, this morning we did a Hike with another van, here everyone is put in various vans depending on your pace. I was not feeling it this morning, but when I found out a higher van would be going with us, I put on my game face and was once again in the front of the pack. It's definitely not about being better then someone else but it's just human nature to want to push yourself which I'm doing. Today we visited the place where "Mash" was produced back in the day. Myself and my buddy Dan really pushed to finish this Hike in the front of the pack which we did by a long shot, very proud of ourselves. We actually ran out of time so the van came to get us but myself and Dan would not stop and wait and took on this monster hill before they could get to us. We started what we finished, taking the easy way out is what got us here.

With us getting back so late, I'm taking this time to ice my knee's before lunch and wanted to Blog real quick and say hello to team Monk !!!!! With this being said, keep moving and take your life back now before it's to late, Handwork and Dedication is what's going to win this race !!!

It's time for me to go have lunch and finish this Thursday strong so everyone have a good weekend !!!!!!

PS - The Hike guide made me very happy today, she told me if it wasn't for my knee I would so be in Van 5 !!!!







2 comments: