Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WEDNESDAY OF WEEK 2 HERE AT THE BIGGEST LOSER RESORT

Well, from my last blog I found my camera at the front desk !!!! Let's see, Sunday was a wonderful day to relax but I decided to go with my buddy Rob. I tell you he is a wonderful person and has a heart of gold, he made my day with a visit to the Biggest Loser Ranch where I had an amazing experience. Then we left and he took me to get my hair cut, then to a place called Sharkys for lunch. I must say was kinda worried about lunch because I love Mexican food. With this being said I had lettuce wraps for 341 calories which was less then our bag lunch given to us here at the resort. After lunch, he took me to the house where the Bachelor is filmed along with Michael Jackson home as a child. My knee was hurting so I wanted to take advantage of some down time so we cut the trip short so I could relax. I just want to say thanks Rob & Randy for making my day. So here comes Monday, I took the advise of everyone and didn't Hike but I still did gym time followed with 5 pool classes. Of course my luck just keeps getting better though, now my left knee from when I had surgery is starting to hurt (UGH). With this being said, Tuesday I was hard headed and did my Hike at the Beach. I crushed this Hike burning 2900 Calories and was first to finish which was a nice accomplishment for me. On the down side, I came back and did 3 more pool classes and now I have about 7 blisters on my right foot. Once again, just my luck but when you put your body through what we are thisype of stuff will happen. It's not about all the bumps, bruises, and aces but it's how you adapt and overcome them to reach your goal. So yesterday I had the pleasure to hang out with Amanda again and do a second interview which can be found on Facebook at the Biggest Loser Resort Fitness Ridge page. Myself and Tonya talked as well and she gave me some good advise and told me what to avoid so I can get through this next two weeks. She is an amazing person and trainer, she gets the best out of me every time I'm in her class.

This morning I decided to listen, stayed back from the Hike but did 2 hours of running/Kickboxing alone with the music pumping. I loved being alone and just going to town for another 1500 Calories burnt before three more pool classes to finish this Wednesday. On another note I had a special visit today from Tammy Austin one of the other 10 lucky winners. It was very nice to meet her and her wonderful family today, thank you very much Tammy and your wonderful daughter who made me the card saying (Hope your knee feels better, Go Team 10:12). Thank you Jaime for the card and the wonderful cross which is hanging over my sons picture in my room. With this being said I would also like to thank Erin Stinnett, Wayne Ward, and baby Aidan for the wonderful card. This made my Tuesday when they said Monk you've got mail, thanks guys !!!!! It's amazing all the support I'm getting each day with all the text, e-mails, etc. I'm sorry if I haven't responded back but it's very hard to stay in touch with everyone with classes running until the evening and the 3 hour time change. All my brothers at 54, thanks for all the love you've been sending as well, see you guys in April.

Finally, thanks babe for making my Wednesday when they said Monk you've got mail with a wonderful card and letter that really keeps me going and focused on why I'm here. This is a very hard journey and leaving your family sucks, but it's worth every second and will make me a better person for sure and add plenty more years onto my life. You guys won't ever know just how amazing this place is until you've spent a week here. It will be the hardest week of your life with the best results of your life. Ive done things here this week that I never thought I could do or have done in 34 years of my life.

I have to run, have to see Dr. Ray this evening for some more treatments that hopefully will keep me going strong. On that note, Thanks Team Monk, luv ya all !!!!








1 comment:

  1. Monk, you are a amazing person and are very inspiring to so many people, your dedication and hardwork you continue to do even with your BooBoo's as Jamie would call them. Listen to your trainers and take care of yourself. I was so happy to meet you. Everyone is so proud of you. Jamie says hi and smiled a big smile when I read your blog to her and she heard you mention her name. Thanks again and keep up the awesome work. God bless and we will continue praying for your knees to get better. One last thing.... LUCKY..... I want to go see the ranch!!:P: :)

    ReplyDelete