Sunday, March 18, 2012

IT'S SUNDAY, TWO WEEKS IN THE BOOK HERE AT THE BL RESORT

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday !!!! Me, my day was complete when I woke up this morning and got on the scale. I'm feeling really good about myself, I was a little in the dumps most of the week because of my knee but I still gave my all. I had to miss 3 Hikes this week, but I hit the pool very hard and was praying that would help me. With that being said, I lost 10.4 pounds this week for a total of 26 pounds in two weeks (Stoked). I just can't get over how much I love it here, this place is amazing along with the staff. I can honestly say Ive made some really close friendships here over the past few weeks. I miss my family like crazy, but it brings tears to my eyes already thinking about leaving here in two weeks. Man, if it wasn't for these new friends here I would of never made it this long more less a full Month. Never have I been to a place that nobody judges you, Ive done stuff here that I would of never thought of doing at home in the public eyes. We are one huge close family here and support one another through everything. I woke up this morning and will be working over the next week to figure away that I can possibly stay one extra week. This place is saving my life, I haven't been this happy with myself in years.

Last night was St. Patricks Day, a few guest went out but I stayed back with my buddy Dan (19) so he didn't have to spend the evening alone. After getting on the scale this morning staying home last night never felt so good. Sunday is a bitter-sweet day here at BL, it's great because it's a day off but sad because people you've got close with leaves. I have gotten really close with all my ladies here, they call me Monk the Honk in my Hike van. They are all like a mother to me and I'm sad a few had to leave this morning. However most of us sit on the porch and watch the new group come in so we can recruit (LOL). Today, four of us went out to Sharkys again for lunch (Lettuce Wraps) was the choice of the day for me.

This week I was excited to finally get the chance to meet Ramon and Jessica from the BL here at the resort and have a good conversation with them both about life. It's great to have this conversation with someone who has been in your shoes.

This coming week I'm going to crank it up that much more ..... I am in the zone getting ready to start week 3 and my body actually feels good (Knee's). I would like to take a second and say thanks to Mary Cisco for the wonderful cards (10:12 Rocks). Well, I just wanted to update everyone how the past few days have been going, it's almost time to go meet all the new people at Orientation and have some dinner.






2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful Monk. So happy that you were able to modify your routine and able to stay. Yay!!! When I go I hope I can kick butt just like you are. Thanks for your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monk - I was at FR last week and wish so much I was there this week, too! But I'm sending lots of good vibes to you and the other guests - keep going! You are doing awesome!! :) Kimberly

    ReplyDelete