Sunday, March 11, 2012

FIRST WEEK IS IN THE BOOKS, THREE MORE TO GO HERE AT THE BIGGEST LOSER RESORT

Sorry for the delay, but once you've been put through what we have been rest is very important. Everyone here has been talking about how Wednesday is the bad day for everyone, so once it came around I was so pumped and ready that it was a really easy for me. When I say easy, I'm talking about mentally not the physical part because every day is a Challenge here at the resort. Once Wednesday was in the books, I was hurting (Knee) pretty good so I went and visited Dr. Ray. He worked on it for about 20 minutes with all kinds of treatments but really didn't help. He is great and made me feel like a million bucks in other areas of my body so were thinking something could be wrong with my knee. Now here comes Thursday, this was my day that I just struggled with everything because my body was drained. However, I never quit and I kept pushing thanks to all of you wonderful people out there cheering me on. When times get tuff, I stop and think about all of you and look down at my sons picture and just suck it up. So finally "TGIF", started off with another Hike, this was my hardest one yet "BACKBONE", it's all uphill of this Mountain for about 5 plus miles. Once I got to the top I was already out of water, it took every ounce of energy I had to make it back 5 miles to the van. Once back I had a headache, nausea, felt sick, because I was dehydrated. This is not a very good feeling, I quickly had a banana and several bottles of water with electrolyte to get me back to being hydrated. So everyone was telling me to go back and take it easy, nope ... I got my stuff together and went on with the rest of my day with Liquid Moves, Circuit Training, Cardio Disco Jam. Now, at this point my knee was feeling decent most of the day, I was going to miss Disco Jam because everyone says the guys don't go and stays in the pool. Well, I let all these ladies talk me into it and went there and shook my booty. About 20 minutes going, my knee gave out and Ive been in the worst pain yet since Friday. Needless to say I won't be going back to Disco Jam for round 2 of shaking my booty.

Now a lot of the guest here skip out on Saturday I notice because the weekend is here, but I signed up for an optional Hike and did the beach again. Once we got back, my entire body was just hurting so freaking bad from the week along with my knee. I was walking up, and the trainer you've heard me talking about came to me and said your limping how is that knee. I told her and she told me that last chance workout wouldn't be good for me, so I went and worked out in the pool for 2 hours. That's the good news, but the bad news is she insisted that I talk to Amanda and try and go home. Ive been bummed about this since she told me, but Ive been doing a lot of thinking and I understand she is just looking out for me because she wants me to come back when it's good. However, I just can't do that, Ive went through soooo much to get here and I don't think it would be possible to get that time for coming back. Last night was graduation for the people going home, everyone speaks and whats wonderful about here is you can be you. Nobody here will judge you, Ive done stuff here that it would of taken 20 plus beers to do at home. Anyway, I gave a speech last night and about 6 of the people came to me and said mine was the best and so inspirational. I did tell them that I'm not going to quit that if I have to hop through my Hikes that's what I will do. I really think with a few modifications to my schedule I can make it through the next three weeks with my knee "Pain Is temporary .... Pride is Forever". So .... Now w it's Sunday (Results Day), which of course is huge around here. I told myself all week that I would not look at my numbers, but after my knee I wanted to see what type of numbers I put up being hurt. This will be the only time I share my results until the end, this is only because I'm not going to get them again until April 1. With that being said, I lost 15.1 pounds, 6 inches off the waist, 4 inches off the chest for a really good week. I'm really proud of myself for what Ive accomplished this week and what Ive found out that my body is capable of doing. On that note, it's Sunday ... we are in movie star heaven, so my buddy Rob is coming to get me in a hour and taking me around on this wonderful off day to see California.

I would post a few pictures, but unfortunately I lost my camera last night and need to go find this ASAP. Will Blog again later this evening, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Isn't there something the doctor can do to help you push through the next 3 weeks. Are you using knee support? I will be praying for your knee to get better and for you to be able to finish this. I know how devastating it would be otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monk, you can do it. I have seen you over come so much in your life and this is just another step. Take care of your knee see you when you come home. Kellie B.

    ReplyDelete