Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DAY 2 & 3 IN THE BOOKS !!!

I just want to take a quick second and say thanks to everyone who has been sending me e-mails/text with all the wonderful love. I get it all and it makes me really wanna kick ass that much more, just very hard to respond back to everyone. So on that note, Thanks you all rock especially my 10:12 family!!!!!

Here we go, not going to lie .... the Hikes the past few days had me worried. They are very hard and Challenge you until you think your ready to fall over. Yesterday we did the Beach (Beautiful), We did 4.5 miles, one of the Hike guides asked me if I wanted a Challenge, now I had the choice to walk back on the hard service and still get 4.5 miles in, but that's not why I'm here .... I took the Beach for over a mile, you don't know what a work out is until you've done this in shoes. I wanted to stop, but I looked down at that picture of my son and said daddy is not a quitter and pushed even harder. It's not about where you finish here, but I was proud of myself being the 2nd person to finish this. Most of the group did the beach, some didn't but they still gave everything they had and this is about your journey. My new friend here Dan, he is a bigger 19 year old and he did the beach and I was SO excited for him after I was done I went back and walked with him to the finish together for that extra push. Then we continued to walk more where we ran into about 6 Biggest Loser contestants from this season along with one of the trainers, not going to say any names but I was excited. So after our Hike was over, looked down at this new watch I bought and burnt 2500 calories by 1030 AM !!!! This is crazy, I never thought in a million years this could be possible until this past Monday. So today we did our Hike, this one was all uphill and kicked my ass, especially with my knee .... on Monday I fell on the hike and messed my arm up and since then my knee has been swollen up, but I still pushed past this pain and did 2.5 miles uphill. Once the Hike was complete, another 2500 Calories in the book (Love It).

So after our hike is over, it's still Go Go Go until about 7pm after our Lecture so we are all pretty spent after the long days. Some of the things Ive been doing is, H20 Circuit, Cardio Intervals, Total Toning, Stretch, Mountain, Kickboxing, Open Gym. Each morning Ive been going to gym at 6am (Optional) and I'm proud of myself for doing this on my own. Yesterday my knee was hurting bad, so instead of skipping out which I could of, I did back to back Cardio Intervals (WOW) was this a work out. Nothing here is easy except falling to sleep (LOL), but if it was we would all be skinny. Some really nice guest here, all so caring and always pushing you which is nice. The staff here is amazing, I love them all even though we all have our favorites. We have one here that they say you either hate or love, the people who hate her can't handle the truth. I had her today back to back and she brings the best out in you, she is sooooo inspirational. For any of you saying I wonder who he is talking about, her name is Tonya. My fellow 10:12 family, get ready because your in for a beating but that's why we are all coming here. I have noticed a few people here skipping out and giving like 50%, it's a shame they don't get it because this place truly saves life's on a daily basis.

On that note, it's 8pm and my bed is calling my name along with the bag of ice for my knee. Tomorrow will be here before you know it, so good night Team Monk !!!

PS - Mason, thanks for giving me the inspiration to make it through the hard times Ive had over the past few days, Daddy is going to be a better Man with your help. I miss this guy so much, and I can't wait to add 30 more years onto my life to spend with him. Jessie .... thanks for taking care of our family while I'm taking care of my health. Love and miss you guys!!!!!




FIRST TWO IS BEACH HIKE, BOTTOM TWO IS HIKE TODAY !!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!!! I know everyone back home is very proud of you!!! Your family,friends,co workers (everyone as I said) You are so right if this was easy we would all be skinny!! Keep up the hard work and maybe go have your knee check out by the drs there ( I'm sure they have one on staff) Good luck today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get enough sleep to rejuvenate and recover. It is not easy but it is POSSIBLE. You CAN and you will do this.

    ReplyDelete