Tuesday, March 27, 2012

WEEK 3 IN THE BOOKS, NOW STARTING WEEK 4 HERE AT THE BL RESORT

It's Tuesday of week 4 here at the Biggest Loser Resort !!!!! Last week was really good for me, I took on the scale Sunday morning and lost another 11 pounds. If anyone is doing the math, that's 37 pounds in three weeks here at the BL Resort. I spent Sunday getting a few things done and just relaxing as the weather here was nasty. So Monday came, had to miss my Hike so I could get some personnel stuff done at home/work. I am 90% done with having a 5th week here at the BL Resort which would be amazing since Ive lost time because of my knee injury. However, since Monday Ive been in a funk and for some reason can't find myself getting out of it as of now (Tuesday Lunch). This is not good, one thing you learn is stress hurts your journey of loosing weight. I really won't say much on what's going on, but hopefully everything will be worked out before Wednesday so I can try and salvage this week. Time is coming to a end for me here at the Resort and I need to utilize it and push hard for my short time left.

I am kinda sad this week as well, Ive got really close with my Hike group and most are gone or have been moved to another van. I should of been moved weeks ago, but they are holding me back because of my knee. This sucks, but I have to look at the big picture that if I can Hike 4 or 5 days in Van 1 that's better then only 2 in a higher Van. My girl Angie got moved this week and she is my Hiking buddy, she rocks and I will miss her this week. She is one strong lady, she is over 50 and she is kicking ass and I'm so proud of what she has accomplished over the past 3 weeks here at the BL.

Yesterday I did have a really good work out in all my evening classes and I hope to follow this up today after lunch because Ive been in this huge funk since Monday morning. Today, I'm going to work out for open gym instead of relaxing so I can try and get out of this slump. We have hump day tomorrow and it's time I turn it up for the remainder of this week. To my fellow brothers working on my issue, thank you for the support.

Once again, just want to thank everyone who has been sending me cards, e-mails, text, etc for all the support through this amazing journey. When I started this back in December, a family friend named Richard Baxter posted a comment that said basically don't do this for anyone but yourself. He went on to say that it may sound messed up but you will understand it when you figure it out. I must say that's stuck with me and I can say that this is 100% about ME !!! I am doing this for ME and I'm taking this time finally for myself to change my life for the better. I may be leaving here in a week/two but this journey doesn't stop when I get home. I must take everything Ive learned here and put it into my every day life and keep going strong to reach my goals. This will happen at some point this year in 2012, and I can promise this time I will not be returning back to my old life style that made me miss out on so much. My goal is when I get home to keep going strong and pay it forward to anyone who needs my help.

Until my next Blog, everyone enjoy your week as I try and reach down and figure this little bump in the road out I'm having.

10:12/Team Monk Rocks !!!!!

www.shutupandsweat.com for Celebrity Supported. Athlete Approved gear !!!! Thanks again for the shirts Mike & Rob !!!!






4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having a bad week and stuck in a funk. I know what that feels like. Life has been throwing some stuff my way for a while now and everytime i turn around it's something new to overcome and that has had me in and out of funks and every time harder to get back on my feet. It is a horrible way to feel because it does affect your mood. Don't be sad about your friends moving or leaving, that's an opportunity for you to make new friends that may need your support. Believe that God has you exactly where you need to be. Give it your 100% and trust that he will handle the rest. You Got This! You are almost there. and like you said your journey does not finish at the resort but it sure will give you enough tools to continue kicking butt at home. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You are a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monk.. If you need anything/Help here you know I'll help. Email or text me.. The guys have your back at work!! Stay strong Brother!!! Puppy

    ReplyDelete